1. GENDER: Sociological Images caught a great example of gender assumptions in kids products, this one more insidious than most. The boy backpack is for a pilot, the girl backpack is for a pilot’s assistant.
2. COLBERT: Stephen Colbert picked apart the coverage of new health care regulations that cover breast pumps, birth control and domestic abuse counseling. “What’s next?” says the commentator, “manicures and pedicures?”
3. SPORTS: The history of the “high five” from ESPN. Who knew it included the first MLB player to come out (after he left the league)?
4. INTERWEBZ: Debates I often have with myself about arguments on the internet, crystallized in infographic form.
5. PARANOIA: I cackled at this post from The Bloggess about using bananas to scare the bejeezus out of your friends, or random supermarket patrons.
6. LIFE: Big questions? McSweeney’s has all the answers.
Related Post: Sunday 21 = happy married gay people, geeky flowcharts, FNL FTW.
Related Post: Sunday 20 = Ambien, Dubai, playhouses, blood spatter.