1. MOBAMA: Many folks (including me) roll their eyes at Michelle Obama’s self-labeling as “mom-in-chief,” but Tami Winfrey Harris at Clutch explains why a black mom-in-chief is an entirely different story.
2. INK: Yesss, Mental Floss has compiled a gallery of library-themed tattoos, and I want them all.
3. COMICS: This cartoon from Explosm says it all. Gender rolls, lol.
4. HISTORY: What is the GOP position on the Revolutionary War? On slavery? On McCarthy? Jack Hitt at the New Yorker has helpfully assembled a conservative history of America.
5. WORDS: Man, English is the coolest and makes no frickin sense. I love it so much, and so does Ted McCagg, who created a bracketed contest seeking the best word ever.
6. LOVELY: Normally, xkcd is just plain clever, but last week they knocked it out of the park with this delightful, surprising, sweet exploration of everything.
Related Post: Sunday 74: Trans respect posters, Junot Diaz, Emily Dickinson photos!
Related Post: Sunday 73: My new favorite NFL player, Philip Roth vs. wikipedia, Joy of Sex illustrations